Huchuy Qosco trek is a really nice and not too challenging option that combines espectaculr mountain views, original Inca Trails a community visit and a guided tour of the little known Inca site of Huchuy Qosco which is located in the heart of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Taking you off the beaten track you get away from the all the crowds of the better known treks but still get to enjoy all the amazing things Peru has to offer. The Huchuy Qosco trek is perfect for those with a short time frame or who are looking for an easier trekking route.
FIRST DAY: CUSCO, TAMBOMACHAY / PUMAMARCA.
Pick up from the Hotel at 06:00, transfer to the heading to the archeological site of Tambomachay; the hike will start at this point, and will continue through puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa pass (4020m/13186ft). We hike along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where we encounter archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. We continue on to the Queullococha pass (4185m/13727ft), surrounding the area in spectacular views stand the Veronica, Pitusiray and Chicon snow peaks. We hike past the Queullococha Lake, where we may see huallatas, ducks and small fish to then climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4220m/13842ft). From this point, we observe the Chinchero plains and the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. We then ascend towards the fourth pass at Rumicruz (4230m/13874ft). We then make our way to the Inca rock quarry (4220m/13842ft), which was the place from where the rocks were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. We descend towards the Pucamarca community (4010m/13153ft), where we arrive in the afternoon. Here we dine and camp through the night.
SECOND DAY: HUCHUY QOSQO / CUSCO.
After breakfast; we leave at 07:00 our camping place to continue to Huchuy Qosqo. Walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3600m/11808ft). Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River. After explanation we start to walk around two hours to the next point (4200m/13776ft), going down around two hours until arrive to Taucca, where we have the lunch place, from here we take our private transport drives back to Cusco to your Hotel.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pre-departure Huchuy Qosqo briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking Huchuy Qosqo tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 4:30 to 5:00 am
Round trip Private Transportation
- Food: *2 breakfasts,2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 2 dinners
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain North Face Tent )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portable chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.)
- Cook who is in charge of making the food
- Horses, horseman or porters (they carry cooking stuff, camping equipment and 6 kilos of passenger’s stuff )
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Bioandean Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
- Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Bioandean Expeditions Office.
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Sleeping bag (goose down) -15ºC-extreme it can be hired from us US$20 for all trek mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 25 trip
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Bioandean Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles they can also be hired from us
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
Fixed Departure Dates (March 2018 through January 2019):
Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
Private Tours are based on Group Size:
Two trekkers: 240 USD$
Three trekkers: 200 USD$
Four trekkers: 180 USD$
Five – Six trekkers: 150 USD$
Seven – Ten trekkers: 130USD$