DAY 1: CUSCO | CHALLACANCHA – SORAYPAMPA – SKY LUXURY DOMES – HUMANTAY LAKE
Walking time to Sky DOME: 3 hrs (Included lunch and rest).
Walking time to the turquoise lagoon: 3 hrs (round trip).
Level of trek: Moderate to difficult.
Overnight: Sky Luxury Domes 3700 masl
Very early in the morning your mountain guide and our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco. The first stop will be in Mollepata to have breakfast, then we will continue our route until Challacancha for a short rest, from this point we will begin our walk towards Soraypampa. In this first opportunity, We will initiate a physical challenge that will help you acclimatize to the altitude.
We will arrive at our destination, Bio Luxury Domes Campsite which have private toilets and hot hydromassage shower, located at the front of the majestic and snowy Salkantay and Humantay, where the reception staff will be waiting for you with an exquisite lunch and after there´ll be some free time for us. We will prepare to start a light walk towards the turquoise lagoon of Humantay, 4200 m.a.s.l. We will spend an unforgettable night accompanied by thousands of stars and constellations.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA | SKY LUXURY DOMES CAMPSITE – SALKANTAY PASS – CUSCO.
Walking time: 7 hours (Included lunch).
Level of trekking: Challenging, we will cross the highest mountain pass 4,638 m (15,213 feet).
Salkantay Pass Today is the grand day, because we will reach the highest point of the trek where you will cross marvelous landscapes bordered by a great complex of mountains, and we will gradually ascend a way known as “THE TRAIL OF THE 7 SNAKES”, until reaching the impressive Abra Salkantay at 4.638 masl 15.213 ft. The time really freezes when you think that you will tell of a unique and unforgettable experience. After enjoying a view of the snowy mountains and feeling the force of nature we will pass through a great stony scenery and we will descend until to a place called Soyrococha. After we will descend towards Soraypampa and in the distance, we will have a remote view of the great snow-covered forest of stones. It is rewarding the effort because we will take the memory of a great experience. We will continue our final steps to Bio Luxury Domes Campsite where we will have our deliciuos Lunch finally the transportation to Cusco will be waiting and we will arrive at 6pm approximately .
Includes / Not Includes
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Luxury Dome with private hot shower , heating and toilets
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to The Salkantay park.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging
What’s Not Included?
- Dinner on the 2th day.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However they may be rented from the company.
- Horse to Ride
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho)
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts)
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medications
- Walking sticks
- Personal items
- Personal snacks
Price & availability
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
Price 2019 and 2020
180 Dollars shared service
Methods Of Payments