Our transfer will pick you up at 10:00 a.m. (to be confirmed) and take you to the train station in Ollamtaytambo (1hour and 30minutes by privade car) – the train leaves at 1:00p.m. from Ollamtaytambo After a 2-hour journey of majestic views you arrive at Aguas Calientes (Hot Springs Town) where you will spend the night. There will be plenty of time to relax if you want to have a hot bath in the natural springs!!!
Things to do:
• Visit the Machu Picchu ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’ museum and orchid exhibition ($5 or 20 soles). This is open from 9am to 4.30pm and is a 35 minute walk down the road to Puente Ruinas. It is a very illustrative museum that gives an interesting introduction to Machu Picchu. (It’s worth it!)
After breakfast your Guide will get you on the first bus optional (6.00am) or you can walk up to Machu Picchu. You will have a guided tour (approximately 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes) and then plenty of time to explore the mysterious city by yourself.
Things to do:
• You can climb Huayna Picchu (the mountain behind Machu Picchu). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top and the view from the top over Machu Picchu is worth it. (There is a limit of 400 people who are permitted to climb this, so if you want to do it, it is good to go immediately after your tour.) From the top of this mountain you can also walk down to the Moon Temple (a cave). It takes 45 more minutes to get there and from there, a further hour walk to get back to Machu Picchu itself.
Includes + Not Includes
- Tour Guide
- Collection from hotel to the train station to Ollamtaytambo (private car) ( Round Trip)
- Round trip train transportation ( Backpacker Train)
- 1 dinner in aguas calientes
- Bus up to Machu Picchu
- Accommodation* in Aguas Calientes (includes private bathroom, 24-hour hot water and breakfast)
- Entrance fee to the Sanctuary of Machupicchu
What you need to take:
- Warm clothes/waterproof jacket (depending on season)
- Sun protection cream (depends on season)
- Insect repellent
- Original passport
Price & availability
As long as we have a minimum of two people, your train tours can leave any day of the week, twelve months a year.
USD$ per person
3 people: 330 USD$ per person
4 people: 320 USD$ per person
5 – 6 people to More : 310 USD$ per person
More Information about ISIC STUDENT CARD
There are several optional upgrades you can include in this trip. Below is a quick list of prices, but check our Overview section for more details.
Huayna Picchu: $30 per person
Vistadome train (one way): $70 per person
Vistadome train (round trip): $120 per person